Learn More about CRDIP
CRDIP Internships are offered during the summer and generally run for 10 weeks. Projects include editing publications, planning exhibits, participating in archeological excavations, preparing research reports, cataloguing park and museum collections, providing interpretive programs on historical topics, developing community outreach, and writing lesson plans based on historical themes.
A Direct Hire Authority (DHA) Internship is perhaps the most effective tool currently available to agencies seeking to expedite the hiring of qualified people in positions that must be filled quickly. It is a competitive and rigorous project based internship. The National Park Service (NPS) and ACE EPIC are looking to engage the next generation of conservation stewards. The program will raise awareness of our national parks and historic sites, their accessibility, and the need for the community’s involvement in their preservation.
CRDIP DHA Internships differ from other CRDIP Internships in duration, pay rate, and offer interns the opportunity to seek federal appointments for career professional opportunities. For more information about CRDIP and CRDIP DHA internships, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Please refer to individual position descriptions to determine if a position is DHA eligible.
- US Citizens or permanent residents.
- Intern must be between the age of 18 and 35 for non DHA positions.
- Interns must be enrolled in an accredited college or graduate program or have graduated within the past 2 years.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for certain positions, (documentation to be provided upon request).
- Have a strong interest — or relevant experience — in areas pertaining to the specific internship including history, historic preservation, public history, museum studies, archaeology, wildlife, outdoor recreation, cultural interpretation, landscape architecture, anthropology or other related fields.
- You are invited to apply to three CRDIP positions with ACE, but no more. Please apply only to your top three choices.
Applications will be reviewed and rated according to the following criteria – relevant educational and work experience, oral and written communication skills, maturity, professionalism, technical knowledge and expertise, evidence of adaptability and adventurousness, and ability to work effectively with diverse audiences. Candidates may express interest in specific geographic and thematic areas. Assignments will be based on best fit with specific requirements of each location. Final candidates will undergo a background check before beginning their assignment
You are invited to apply to three CRDIP positions with ACE, but no more. Please apply only to your top three choices.
All CRDIP applications will close on March 4th, 2017.