Since 2004, the American Conservation Experience (ACE) has acted as a national leader in recruiting, coordinating, and training volunteers to undertake practical environmental restoration projects in America’s national parks, forests, wildlife refuges and other public lands. Originally formed under the conservation corps model, which remains the central and largest program in our organization, ACE now provides a range of voluntary service programs for both American and international participants.
ACE’s new CEO will bring passion for our conservation mission, unquestionable leadership abilities and the broad range of skills necessary to pursue a vision while simultaneously watching the bottom line. Building upon our existing partnerships while forging new relationships, our new CEO will continue our organization’s growth curve while keeping the culture alive and vibrant.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least seven years demonstrated success in a leadership role in Conservation in the non-profit space or ten years in a related field and position.
- A passion for conservation, youth and volunteerism.
- Experience in managing successful growth of an organization over a large geographic area.
- Experience managing a complex organization and working with a board of directors.
- The communication skills and gravitas to successfully be the face of our organization and act in a public relations capacity.
- A proven management style with the ability to hold a wide range of team members accountable to key metrics, mission and core values.
- Integrity, initiative and an attention to detail.
- The ability to travel regularly and often.
- Excellent time management for self and team.
- The willingness to be hands-on when needed, the strength to delegate as required and the wisdom to know the right time for each.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Interested candidates that submit a resume, cover to James.Allen@nau.edu will be considered for the next step in the process.
No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer.