International Registration

Please read all information below before proceeding with your registration.

I understand the following important points:

  • I will not be paid to participate in American Conservation Experience projects.
  • The airfare and travel to the commencement point at American Conservation Experience offices in Flagstaff, AZ; Santa Cruz, CA; or St George, UT are not included.
  • ACE provides food during project days, hostel-style accommodation on days off, and project related transport.
  • I will not be able to choose the exact projects I participate in.
  • I have personal medical insurance (you are also advised to have travel insurance for personal items while in America).
  • Drugs and alcohol are not permitted on American Conservation Experience projects or in ACE housing.
  • American Conservation Experience does not supply or administer medications.

Please do not apply without first reading through the Volunteer Information pages. Please fill in all fields.


ACE works through partnerships with recruitment agents around the world. Each agent charges a fee to cover the cost of advertising for our program. Please see right to find the agent for your country. Unless you’re an American applying directly, there will be a fee for you to pay to your booking agency.

Volunteers are also required to arrange their own transportation to Flagstaff, AZ, Santa Cruz, CA, or St George, UT, have traveler’s insurance for the duration of their stay, and to bring warm sleeping bags, as Flagstaff and many of the project locations are at high elevation and can be surprisingly cold at night (even in the summer).

Most importantly, volunteers must bring a strong sense of adventure, a positive attitude and an open mind.

Visa Information

In order to come and participate in ACE, anyone who is not an American citizen will need to apply for a B1-visa, unless your country is part of the Visa Waiver Program. (Canadians are excluded from this rule, as they are not part of the Visa Waiver Program, but they still don’t need a visa to enter the United States.)

If you are from a country that is part of the Visa Waiver Program, you are required to pre-register with ESTA in advance of your planned travel date. We recommend you to do so as soon as you are accepted in our program, as it is possible for some people to get rejected by ESTA and in that case they need to get a visa and it takes some time.

Once you enter the U.S. they will stamp your passport with 90 days, and they will give you a card called an I-94. It is extremely important that you keep this card in a safe place, as you will need it to exit the country again. You must leave the United States 90 days after you arrived, or earlier.

It is important that you understand that neither the Visa Waiver Program nor the B1-visa allows you to make any money in the U.S. Earning money without the proper visa is a felony.

To register for ACE Conservation Volunteers (California) please contact the booking agent for your country as listed below. However, if your country is not listed below please click here.

No announcement available or all announcement expired.