This year, we are requiring applicants to submit a formatted application due to volume. Please review the following requirements prior to submission of application. If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Barrett (Division Director – BLM) for support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 385.272.0472
Application Packet Must include:
1. Cover Letter (1 Pg)
2. Resume (See below for format)
3. Unofficial Transcripts
4. At least One Letter of Recommendation (can be submitted after application submission)
4. Additional Resources (Writing examples, additional reference letters, etc.)
Resume Format: Applicants must submit their resume as follows:
Full Name of Applicant with contact information (phone, primary address, email address [must include personal email and, if applicable, a school email. Please do not include only school email address]).
Provide details regarding the organizations you have worked prior.
Please include: Name, location, dates of employment, position title, and brief description of duties.
Full name of accredited college, university, or community college’s graduated from or enrolled in.
Must include: location (city and state), actual date of graduation or anticipated graduation date (month, year), degree(s), and grade point average.
Name of organization, location, dates of volunteer work, position title if applicable, and brief description of duties.
Certifications or Licenses
Please only list relevant certifications or licenses.
Awards, Honors, Activities:
Include grants or scholarships, academic honors, and educational/professional affiliations.
Must include: Full name, email address, phone number, affiliation.
Must include at least three references: Professional, Educational, and Personal. (Note: Please do not include more than one personal reference.)
Please use the APPLY NOW section located on the upper right hand corner of the position listing on our website here: https://usaconservationepic.applicantpool.com/jobs/
- Do your researchResearch the position location including the project description, series qualifications of the field, field office, surrounding area, etc. to make sure you understand the position and the requirements. For more information about series qualifications please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/
- Gather your materialsBefore applying, gather all of the necessary information and documentation you need including your resume, cover letter, copy of your unofficial transcripts, and one letter of recommendation.
- Contact your reference earlyMake sure to request your letter of recommendation in a timely manner and allow your reference enough time to finish before you plan on applying. If you know that you will be unable to submit your letter of recommendation by the assigned deadline on the position descriptions, please email it to email@example.com.
- Focus on your Cover LetterYour cover letter is an opportunity to best represent yourself, your skills, your future goals and plans, as well as allow the hiring committee to get to know you better. Make sure that you address all three questions asked in the instructions:
- Why are you applying for this position specifically?
- What skill-sets do you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?
- What are your future career goals and interests?
- Tailor your applicationsMake sure that you tailor your specific applications to the position(s) you are applying for. If that means that you apply to less positions, that is ok! ACE will also do our best to match you to the opportunities we think you might be best suited for or interested in!