ACE – Sacramento
ACE Pacific West’s Sacramento base is located in the suburbs of California’s capital city, which sits at the confluence of the American and Sacramento Rivers, and is just a short drive from the Sierra Nevada.
Fun fact: Sacramento features an average of 250 sunny days a year!
The area features several points of interest:
- World-renowned 32-mile Jedediah Smith Memorial Trail along the American River
- Sacramento Zoo
- A 1.5 hour drive to Lake Tahoe
- California State Capital Museum plus many more cultural destinations
- Old Sacramento – A historic area of restored buildings, museums, and novelty shops brings life to the Sacramento waterfront
- Capitol Park
- And much more!
Enjoy outdoor activities? Sacramento has you covered:
- 32 miles of paved bike trails along the scenic American River Parkway
- Whitewater rafting and quieter, lazy rafting too!
- Hiking on amazing trails with breathtaking scenery
- Plus additional activities such as kayaking and more!
ACE offers comfortable housing for members during their term when they are not in the field. The homes are located in nice neighborhoods, feature fenced-in backyards and are ideal for relaxing during off-periods.
Discover Captivating California Landscapes
ACE members based in our Sacramento branch location can serve on projects throughout Northern and Central California on iconic landscapes from the beaches of the Pacific Coast to the snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Projects are typically focused in three main categories – Trail Work (trail construction, maintenance, etc.), Restoration (invasive species removal, herbicide application, habitat restoration, etc.), and Forestry (fuels reduction, thinning, etc.). Project partners include Pinnacles National Park, Lassen Volcanic National Park, US Fish and Wildlife Service, California State Parks, the Pacific Crest Trail Association, and Eldorado National Forest among many others. Come join our team in Sacramento to discover the wide range of adventure California has to offer!
Ready to Apply?
Please visit our website for current openings and select Sacramento from the dropdown menu in the City field. If you don’t see any listings today, be sure to check back. We frequently add new positions as we seek crew members year round.
We also offer two additional California hub sites: Ridgecrest and Coachella Valley.