ACE – Ridgecrest
ACE’s Ridgecrest base is located at the southern tip of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California’s high desert. Ridgecrest provides excellent access to the renowned Eastern Sierra, home to Mount Whitney (the highest peak in the lower 48) and countless recreational opportunities. It is also the perfect jumping-off point for exploring the Mojave Desert, a unique and enthralling landscape.
At Ridgecrest, you’ll enjoy:
- Access to renowned National Parks such as Death Valley, Sequioa-Kings Canyon, and Yosemite
- A three-hour drive to skiing and snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain
- Access to the Kern River Valley, offering rafting, fishing, sailing, tubing, swimming, kayaking, windsurfing and more
- Jawbone OHV Area offers over 7,000 acres of open-use public land
- Rockclimbing is available in nearby Fossil Falls and other locations
- Plus many other opportunities to explore the high California desert
Explore nearby attractions:
- Discover petroglyphs in local desert mountain canyons
- Hike or ride your bike in the Rademacher Hills
- Soak in the beauty of the Chimney Peak Wilderness, a 13,134-acre wilderness area located 20 miles northwest of Ridgecrest which includes a scenic backcountry byway
- Explore nearby Red Rock Canyon State Park
- Visit the otherwordly Trona Pinnacles, backdrop for movies and TV shows like Star Trek and Planet of the Apes
ACE offers comfortable housing for members during their term when they are not in the field. The homes are located in nice neighborhoods, feature fenced-in backyards, and are ideal for relaxing during off-periods.
Discover Captivating California Landscapes
ACE members based in our Ridgecrest branch location can serve on projects throughout Southern California and the Eastern Sierra on iconic landscapes from the trails of Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park to the red rock canyons of the Mojave desert. Projects are typically focused in two main categories – Trail Work (trail construction, maintenance, etc.) and Restoration (invasive species removal, herbicide application, habitat restoration, etc.). Project partners include Death Valley National Park, BLM Ridgecrest Field Office, Sequioa-Kings Canyon National Park, Transition Habitat Conservancy, and the Pacific Crest Trail Association, among many others. Come join our team in Ridgecrest to discover the wide range of adventure California has to offer!
Ready to Apply?
Please visit our website for current openings and select Ridgecrest from the dropdown menu in the City field. If you don’t see any listings today, be sure to check back. We frequently add new positions as we seek crew members year round.
We also offer two additional California hub sites: Sacramento and Coachella Valley.