Build Up Technical Internships
About Build Up Technical Internships
The Build Up Technical Internship Program is working to expand and diversify the National Park Service workforce while addressing critical maintenance needs by providing professional experiences in technical fields to students and recent graduates.
Interns will work in fields including:
- community planning
- realty services
- project management
- social sciences
- geographic information systems
- publication services
- and more
Through this program, interns will gain experience in their field of expertise, gain exposure to federal public land management, meet new mentors in their disciplines, and learn about potential job opportunities with parks and programs.
This is an ideal opportunity to build your skills while exploring a potential career pathway with the National Park Service!
Who May Apply
Minimum of 11 weeks and up to 1 year. At least 11 weeks must be 40 hours/week, but potential for some part-time work may exist.
Compensation and Benefits
- Gain exposure to hiring managers
- Access to future job opportunities
- Improve experience in your field of expertise
- Increase exposure to federal public land management
- Meet new mentors in your discipline
- Develop network by engaging with NPS partners and neighboring communities
- Potential for non-competitive hiring authority following completion of internship and degree program