Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate in CRDIP Internships?CRDIP positions are open to individuals 18-35 who are in pursuit of a higher education degree (B.A., B.S., M.Sc, PhD, etc.) or within two years of graduation. Please see the position description of the Internship for which you are applying for more details about preferred qualifications.
- When do the internships take place?Internships take place during the summer months (May-September) and are typically 10-11 weeks in duration.
- Where are the positions located?Positions are located all over the United States and associated territories. Previous years saw 15-25 CRDIP positions in over a dozen states.
- Are all CRDIP positions eligible for
an AmeriCorps Education Award?Many CRDIP positions are eligible for an AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful enrollment and completion of all required hours. DHA (direct hire authority) CRDIP internships are not eligible for an AmeriCorps Education Award.
- What are some benefits of participation?Besides the opportunity of a lifetime to serve your community and live within a National Park Unit (many opportunities offer on-site housing!) benefits of CRDIP include:
- Interactive professional development presentations and webinars
- Invaluable connections with non-profit and federal employees
- Living Stipend
- Travel Relocation Bonus
- AmeriCorps Education Award
Please look here for current openings.
If there are no current CRDIP postings, please check out our other great internship and corps opportunities here.